According to a recent job advertisement found on the King’s website, the developer is looking for a talented Level Designer who can join and work on a new Call of Duty game for mobile based in Stockholm, Sweden. According to the job listing, the new Call of Duty game is being developed in collaboration with Activision Blizzard and King.
”The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible while providing a very authentic game experience.”
A desirable candidate will need to have the following skills to create amazing levels for the best users gameplay experience on a mobile device.
- Curiosity and drive: you are a natural self-starter, always looking for areas of improvement
- Experience of level design for first-person shooters
- Experience in one of the major level editors (Preferably Unity)
- Solid understanding of game balancing and pacing
- Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
- Some understanding of the casual and mid-core markets
- Passion for design, with the drive to remain up-to-date with Level and Game Design literature and best practices to continue driving the studio’s Level Design expertise
There are two other job vacancies at King’s office for the Call of Duty game; the others job opening are for a senior network engineer and a senior tools developer.
Activision has already released multiple franchises of Call of Duty game, most recent being the Call of Duty: which is a Real-time strategy game.
Activision currently preparing for its next major announcement for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game, which will be coming in October and Activision will officially unveil the game on May 17, 2018, over a live stream event.