NVIDIA Shield TV has been receiving the update since its launch back in 2015. Now NVIDIA has just started rolling out Android Oreo update today for its Shield TV. The update brings the whole new features and an all-new UI.
The new NVIDIA Shield Android Oreo update has a software version 7.0 and includes a redesigned Home Screen with fully customizable Favorite Apps, Play Next and the Channels buttons.
Other Major Enhancements Can Be Seen Below
- The latest monthly Android security updates
- Quick access to Settings when you’re on the home screen by holding the Back button
- Support for high polling rate gaming mice for NVIDIA GameStream
- Improved support for game controllers:
- Customize SHIELD controller thumbstick dead zones (Settings-> Apps-> Input viewer)
- Xbox 360 and DualShock 4 v2 controllers
- DualShock 4 controllers using USB wireless adapter
- Adds “Connect” option to re-pair disconnected Bluetooth accessories (Settings->Accessories)
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnecting Ethernet (Settings-> Network-> Ethernet)
- General stability fixes on SHIELD remote (2017) and controller (2017)
- Latest accessory firmware versions:
SHIELD controller (2017): v1.24
SHIELD controller (2015): v1.96/99/3.71/0.32
SHIELD remote (2017): v1.33
SHIELD remote (rechargeable): v.1.30
Additionally, The update also brings the following support for:
- Arlo cameras
- Emerson Sensi
- Ikea Tadfri
- LG Smart Appliances
- Scenes support for Phillips Hue
The update also brings the support which lets you connect to the WiFi without disconnecting to the ethernet connection and an upgrade to the May security patch. It also brings improved support for game controllers (such as Xbox 360 and DualShock 4).
The NVIDIA Shield Android Oreo update will be rolling out via an OTA so, make sure you check your device in coming days for the update.