Odin downloader is a utility software developed by Samsung but never released officially. Here is the guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung smartphones using the Odin software. It can be used for any Samsung phone. Heimdall is another software and can be used as an alternative to Odin.
Samsung Odin is the best to perform an upgrade or downgrade your Samsung smartphone. It allows you to flash software on your Samsung phone. So follow the guide of using Samsung Odin Downloader.
Samsung Odin System Requirements
- USB cable to connect an Android phone to PC
- ADB & FASTBOOT TOOLS for your device
- Computer with Windows OS or Use Mobile Odin
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Odin
Note: Flashing or rooting device require technical knowledge. We are not responsible for any damage your device come across while performing the process.
- After downloading and installing Samsung Odin you need active the developer option. For this Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Now open the Odin file as Administrator
- Reboot your Phone into Download Mode – Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC
- Now add the firmware which you downloaded by Clicking AP/PDA Button in Odin. Make sure re-partition option is NOT ticked/checked. Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Finally, click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process in shown to be completed.
You might see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED” after the flashing process is completed.