OxygenOS 5.1.6 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 contains several bug fixes, optimization & features
Finally after bringing the HydrogenOS 5.1.6 on OnePlus 6 in China, OnePlus has also started the roll-out of the OxygenOS 5.1.6 OTA Update in other regions. Right now the update is rolling out in select regions like Germany and Canada, however, some users reported that both Germany and Canada VPN is working for Indian users also.
So if you want you can try and update your device.
There are lots of improvements that have been reported in the OxygenOS 5.1.6 update, such as for Indian users Idea VoLTE services has been enabled and stability issues for Dual Sim Cards have been fixed.
Another major welcome in the update is the addition of Portrait Mode for the front camera and preview for Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode of the rear camera. Now with the Portrait Mode, the 16-megapixel front-facing camera is capable to capture professional images by blurring the background of the subject.
Below is the complete Changelog of OxygenOS 5.1.6 for OnePlus 6:
- Enable Idea VoLTE services in India
- Fixed stability issues for Dual Sim Cards
- Added Portrait Mode for the front camera
- Added preview for Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode of the rear camera
- Optimized call clarity
- Supported battery percentage in the status bar
- Improved ringtone volume and sound quality
- Now able to schedule Do Not Disturb(DND) mode
- Added Dual-4G network option in SIM & network settings
- Optimized power consumption and Improved system stability
- Added smart answer for Bluetooth – automatically answer incoming calls when connecting to Bluetooth devices
Regarding the OxygenOS 5.1.6 update on OnePlus 6, Manu J, Beta Program and Developer Relations, OnePlus said:
We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 5.1.6, this update contains several bug fixes, optimization and new features based on your feedback. As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days.