With the release of June Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8, AT&T has also released the June Security update for Galaxy S8 Active (G892A). This update is based on Android Oreo and comes with build number R16NW.G892AUCS2BRF2.
It’s an important update and you must install it to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and viruses. It’s worth noting that this is a security patch and it will not bring any change to the software UI or will not bring any new features.
It might take some time for the update to land on your device because it’s rolling out in phases.
Software update details for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- Release date: June 26, 2018
- Android version: 8.0.0
- Security patch level (SPL): June 1, 2018
- Baseband version: G892AUCS2BRF2
- Build number: R16NW.G892AUCS2BRF2
- The previous version required: G892AUCS2BRE3
- File size: 52.1MB
Check and install the software update on Galaxy S8 Active
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Samsung Android Device.
- Scroll down to find About Phone > Software update > Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.