The second phone in the Nokia X series, the Nokia 5X is a must watch for mobile lovers around the globe, especially because of its beautiful design and display features. The Nokia X5 has been launched by HMD Global in China and it will go on sale on July 19. Registration is also open now on Suning.com. The smartphone comes in Night Black, Baltic Sea Blue, and Glacier White colour options. Well, if you are confuse thinking that should you buy the upcoming Nokia 5X over other similarly priced smartphones such as Redmi Note 5 Pro, ZenFone Max Pro M1, Moto E5 Plus then I am sure this guide will surely going to help you.
Now let’s start talking about the features, the Nokia X5 seems to be a complete package in return for your hard earned money and does compete pretty well with the other similarly priced smartphones in the market including, Redmi Note 5 Pro vs Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 vs Moto E5 Plus etc.
Moreover, speculations are already going on that if Nokia wants to compete with Xiaomi phones in India, it should launch the Nokia X6 and X5 in the country. Some of its specifications are discussed as under :
1. The X5 consists of Helio P60 SOC processor which boasts of the most advanced chipset of current time run purely on Oreo 8.1 operating system.
2. The smartphone has been launched in Two Variants:
a. 3GB RAM/32GB storage(priced at CNY 999/Rs 9,999)
b. 4GB RAM/64 GB storage(priced at CNY 1,399/Rs 13,999)
The X5 also supports a micro SD card that allows further expansion of storage up to 256 GB.
3. The double-sided glass body with polycarbonate frame gives the X5 an
4. Like it’s predecessor Nokia X6, the X5 also comes with a Display Notch in the front and a slight chin at bottom of the display with Nokia logo. The Dual rear camera setup is stacked vertically.
5. Colours available are Night Black, Baltic Sea Blue and Glacier White. Well, the colours do look sober and attractive to me.
6. As per company claims, the screen to body ratio is 84% and 19:9 aspect ratio. The logo is available below the fingerprint sensor as well.
7. For music lovers, the volume rocker and power button are located on the right corner of the phone and the 3.5 mm audio jack is at the top edge.
8. X5 supports Dual 4G VOLTE, meaning, you can insert two Jio SIM on your smartphone.
9. Onboard sensors include an ambient light sensor, accelerometer, digital compass, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.
Design and Other Details for Nokia X5
The registrations for the new X series phone have begun on Suning.com, the sale has started from today (19th July 2018). HMD Global promises high-quality product to its customers in China and assured fast monthly Android updates. I can hardly wait to feel the 5.86- inch HD+ (720×1520 pixels) display with 2.5 glass protection.
The camera is another thing which impresses me about the X5. Optics include a 13-megapixel rear main sensor with f/2.0 aperture and a 5-megapixel secondary lens. There is also an LED flash located below the two sensors at the back.
There is also an 8-megapixel lens with f/2.2 aperture and 80.4-degree angle of view. The AI image technology is also available and there is built-in portrait background blur, portrait skin loured, HDR background blurred and other functions.
What Do I Think of Buying the Nokia X5?
In times of hectic work schedule and busy life, Nokia X5’s 3060mAh battery saves you from recharging again and again as it is claiming up to 27 hours of the life after full charging. Here you get 17.5 hours of talk time, 19.5 hours of music playback. Other connectivity features are mentioned as under:
1. USB Type-C port
2. 3.5mm audio jack
3. Bluetooth 4.2
5. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
6. FM Radio
7. Dual 4G Dual VoLTE
The slim design with 149.51×71.98x 8.096mm dimensions give it an attractive look and you can feel beauty with brains. Hence, the Nokia X5 is something which is flashy as well as sober at the same time.
Moreover, the price also looks at the average budget of the middle-class person. We can expect the Nokia X series phone to be launched soon in India.
In terms of features and specifications, the Nokia 5X doesn’t really seem outstanding from other similarly priced phones I have mentioned above. The Nokia X5 particularly lacks in the battery and processor department, and it also has a slightly smaller screen than the others.
However, if you have been in love with Nokia phone in the past and want to continue your crush on it then there shouldn’t be any problem going with the Nokia 5X.
Which of these smartphones do you like the most? do let me know in the comments section down below.