Verizon Moto G4 Play has now started receiving the June 2018 Security Patch based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The update comes with build number NPIS26.48-43-2.
As mentioned, it is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat so it will not upgrade the OS version to the Oreo, but it comes with bug fixes and improved the performance of the device. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will land on devices in phases.
So, if you haven’t received the update yet you’ve to wait a bit more as it will arrive sooner or later.
Check Software Update on Verizon Moto G4 Play
- Make sure your device is charged more than 70% and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar, then tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and go to About phone > System updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- Tap Restart Now after the software installs to automatically restart your device.
Specifications of Moto G4 Play
The Moto G4 Play is a device that is part of the 4th generation of the G-series and comes with a 5.9-inches display offering the resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 paired with 4/6GB of RAM.
The phone comes with 64 GB or 128 GB memory options which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. There is a Dual 12MP (f/1.7) + 5MP (f/2.2) camera at the rear and an 8MP front shooting camera with LED flash.