AMD has announced a new graphics card called the Radeon Pro V340. AMD is calling it as a beast because it comes with Dual Vega 56 GPUs solution based on the advanced AMD “Vega” architecture. The card features dual-chips including AMD’s high-end Vega 56 GPUs on a single board.
It is made to provide a solution for Datacenters to deliver extreme performance and accelerate visualization workloads in private or public clouds and to empower modern engineers, creators, designers and architects.
The AMD Radeon Pro V340 has been created to handle the extream workloads by delivering an impressively smooth GPU experience from the cloud to virtually on any device. The card packs two Vega 56 graphics chips into one single card.
The card is equipped with dual-Vega 56 GPUs, that’s 7168 stream processors packed in 112 CUs based on the 14nm FinFET GPU architecture. It is also the first VDI hardware solution equipped with 32GB of HBM2 memory and 512GB/s of memory bandwidth.
Below you can find some of the key features of the AMD Radeon Pro V340 graphics card:
- MxGPU Hardware Virtualization Technology.
- Up to 32 Virtual Machines (VMs) per card.
- Two Virtualized Encode Engines to compress independent video streams in H.264 or H.265 formats.
- Remote Management tools to monitor a range of static and dynamic GPU information.
- Two GPUs based on the advanced “VEGA” architecture.
- 56 x2 CU Compute Units to accelerate demanding workloads.
- State-of-the-art memory technology: 32GB of HBM2 Memory.
- Enhanced Security Engine to enable hardware isolated VMs.
The AMD Radeon Pro V340 graphics card boast advanced features and technologies geared towards enterprise, DaaS and cloud gaming solutions to accelerate visualization workloads, including:
- Superior User Density: Supports up to 32 1GB virtual machines, up to 33 percent more than the competitive solution.2
- Integrated Encode Engine: The ability to compress independent video streams in both H.264 and H.265 formats. Provides design and manufacturing users with the video quality they expect, while empowering IT managers to eliminate CPU bottlenecks.
- Ultra-Fast Frame Buffer: HBM2 memory with Error Correcting Code (ECC)3 and better power efficiency than competing solutions allow fast paging apps to run incredibly fast.
- Built-in Security Processor: Provides secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities.
The AMD Radeon Pro V340 graphics card is expected to be available in Q4 2018. However, there are no pricing details available as well.