After making its way to several BlackBerry KEYone devices in Canada, Android Oreo update is now finally started rolling out for BlackBerry Motion in North America. The Android Oreo is currently rolling out for those who have the BalackBerry Motion BBD100-2 Variant. However, the update is not an OTA it just appeared on the BlackBerry Mobile servers so, if you were waiting to get the Android Oreo on your BlackBerry Motion device then you should wait a bit more as the OTA update might be heading towards your device very soon.
Meanwhile, if you want you can check for the update on your device manually by following the steps below.
- From the home screen, tap the application grid icon. It’s along the bottom of the home screen, in the middle.
- Under the Apps section, scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app. The current build number will be displayed.
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates or display your System is up to date.
Isn’t that too late for BlackBerry devices to get the Android oreo update?. Even, other smartphones have started receiving the latest Android Pie 9.0, I wonder how long it will take BlackBerry to update to Android 9.0 Pie.
What you think, is it too late for BlackBerry devices to get the Android Oreo Update? do let me know in the comments section down below.