Right now OnePlus has not announced the timeframe for the Android 9.0 Pie update for its compatible devices, while the old models are hard to get the Pie update. Here comes the good news for the owners of OnePlus One.
Android 9.0 Pie GSI update is now available for the OnePlus One, unofficially though via porting. The Android 9 Pie has only been out for 2 weeks now and OnePlus One gets Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) Android Pie ports. It was shared on XDA Forum.
The OnePlus One was launched in November 2017. It’s not a flagship device yet features high-end specifications.
Specifications, Features of OnePlus One
- Display: 5.5-inch with 1080×1920 pixels resolution
- Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Software: CyanogenMod 11S
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage with no microSD card support
- Battery: 3100mAH
- Camera: 13-megapixel rear (dual LED), 5-megapixel front
This unofficial Android Pie build for the OnePlus One seems to be working fine except a couple a couple of missing features like NFC and VoLTE because it is in the beta mode.
What’s working :
- Boot : Working - GApps : Working - Bluetooth : Working - WiFi : Working - WiFi Hotspot : Working - RIL - Phone - Data : Working - GPS : Working, may be a bit janky - Camera - Camcorder: Working - Sensors : Working - Display : Working - Touchscreen : Working - Vibrator : Working - Microphone : Working - Audio : Working - Music : Working - Audio Playback: Working - Video Playback: Working - Bluetooth audio : Working - NFC : Working - Kernel : Stable - Graphics : Working - 3D Rendering : Working - Offline Charging : Working - USB : Working - Encryption : Untested - Oppo common gestures: Working - Ambient Display: Working - SEPolicies : Permissive
- NFC - VoLTE
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie update on OnePlus One?
You can visit the original thread (source below) for the download links and the instructions to install Android 9.0 Pie update on OnePlus One.