We’ve already told our readers about the 20 Project Treble devices which now support the Android 9 Pie GSI, among them, Xiaomi phones are also included. So, here we would be learning how to install Android Pie GSI on Xiaomi Mi A1.
It’s worth mentioning here that in June Xiaomi started to roll-out the Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1, but soon it suspended the update due to the SMS bug. But now with Generic System Image (GSI) users of Mi A1 can enjoy the latest Android Pie.
How to Install Android Pie GSI on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Semi-GSI)
Before you start, it’s important to note that you might come across bugs and issues which are listed below:
- VoLTE – This is a bug affecting all the devices, however, there could an incoming fix.
- Bluetooth LE (low energy) devices don’t work while WiFi is enabled
- SELinux is permissive
- Fingerprint swipe gesture may only work on Goodix
- Hardware key lights don’t turn on (See the Troubleshooting section below)
- Stock Camera: Panorama & Group selfie force closes
Due to the nature of the port, installing Android Pie GSI on Xiaomi Mi A1 could be a problem, so you’d need to closely follow the instructions. For download links and complete instructions follow the link in the source below.