Sony via its PlayStation blog today announced that God of War’s New Game+ Mode will be launched on August 20. The Game+ Mode will include New Gear, More Difficult Enemies, and cinematic skipping.
To get access to the New Game+ mode you’ll need to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty. If you already did that, the new Game+ will already be available for you on August 20 once you’ve patched. If you haven’t completed the game yet, you still have two weeks to beat the game.
The new Game+ mode includes a host of new gear, more difficult enemies, and cinematic skipping! the full list goes as follows.
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
According to the blog post, Sony said that this is the biggest update to God of War.