AMD today released the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Driver update Version 18.30.17.01 for its Radeon Graphics Card adding support for Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Star Control: Origins. However, AMD didn’t provide more details on the increased frame rates etc, which gamers can expect from this driver update. The new Radeon 18.9.1 Driver is now available for download as well from the link below.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, designed to give gamers deeply immersive gameplay experience. Below you can find all the issues which have been fixed in this update.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes not appear in the right-click context menu on Windows® desktop after Radeon Software installation.
- AMD Link may fail to connect on Android Pie devices due to authentication failures.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes popup an error message due to Driver and Radeon Settings version mismatch.
- Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
- Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
- Some AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics system configurations may experience a black screen during installation downgrade to a previous Radeon Software version. A recommended workaround is to perform a clean install during Radeon Software installation.
- Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
- System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1. A clean installation is recommended when performing this Radeon Software upgrade.
You can download the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 driver from the links listed in its release notes as well as through AMD’s Radeon Settings interface on Windows.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be out on September 14 while Star Control: Origins is slated to release on September 20.