Last week OnePlus released Android 9.0 Pie Based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6. Now OnePlus has released the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6 with several bug fixes, performance, and optimizations such as Wi-Fi stability, background power consumption, image quality for the front-facing camera, performance/scrolling improvements, and more. OnePlus has been really quick in releasing the latest update for its devices, now you can download and install the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on your OnePlus 6.
Full Changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the Pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized Launcher multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Improved UI for OTP messages
Download and Install the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 6.
If your device is already running the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 then you should receive the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 OTA update on your device which weighs around 136MB.
If you haven’t received the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 OTA notification yet, you can use the Oxygen Updater app to download the update right now without waiting for the OTA.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 2 Manually: Alternatively, you can download full update package (1.5GB) from the download link below and flash it manually on your device. See the steps below on how to install the update manually.
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 (Android 9 Pie) on OnePlus 6
For Devices Running Stable OxygenOS Open Beta 1
1. Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 ROM zip file from here and transfer it your phone’s storage.
2. Open the ‘Settings’ app, then go to ‘System updates’, and then tap on the top right corner icon.
3. In the menu, tap on Local upgrade, then choose the ROM zip file (you just transferred) and then tap on Immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
4. Finally, select Reboot system now. Your phone should reboot into Android 9 Pie.
OnePlus 6 users who have the stable OxygenOS based (Android 8.1 Oreo) can also download and install the update manually.
Warning: please avoid using the manual installation if you are not well aware of the process. I recommend you to wait for the OTA update to arrive on your device which is the safest way to get the latest update on your device. If anything goes wrong with your device while installing the update manually then we will not be liable for any cause for your device.