Asus had announced its ROG Phone back in June at Computex 2018 and now it has announced that it will launch it’s gaming Asus ROG Phone in the US on October 18 at an event in New York. Since the Asus ROG is a gaming phone, it packs some great hardware specs under the hood and aims people who really love hardcore gaming on their smartphone.
The phone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 coupled with an 8GB of RAM and either 128GB or 512GB of internal storage. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and boast a bigger 4,000mAh battery. There is a 6.0-inch large display.
Asus ROG Phone Key Specifications
- Display: 6.0 inch 2160 x 1080 pixels screen
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 Octa Core 2.96GHz
- System: Android Oreo 8.1
- Storage: 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM
- Camera: 12.0MP + 8.0MP rear camera + 8.0MP front camera
- Sensor: Rear fingerprint sensor, Face recognition, Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Ultrasonic sensor for Air Triggers and grip press, Chamber cooling system
- SIM Card: dual Nano SIM, dual standby
- Feature: GPS, A-GPS, Gloness, BeiDou
In the camera department, the Asus ROG sports a dual rear camera setup featuring a main 12-megapixel camera and a secondary 8-megapixel sensor. On the front, it has a single 8-megapixel camera.
The Asus ROG launch event is set for October 18 and shipping expected to start from October 22 and October 24. The phones retail listing shows a price tag of $1323 (Around Rs. 97,577 INR)