At an event in New York on Wednesday LG Launched its first hybrid smartwatch called the LG Watch W7. LG launched its new LG Watch W7 Smartwatch alongside its LG V40 ThinQ smartphone. The LG Watch W7 is an Analog watch which according to the company combines mechanical movement with digital functionalities. The watch runs on Wear OS by Google platform and its is design for people who really like to wear an Analog watch.
The watch comes with a stainless steel body and has been developed in partnership with Soprod SA of Switzerland. LG claims that the ”Watch W7 can run for up to two days and then an additional 3-4 days in analog-only mode. In the mechanical watch-only mode with its “smart” features disabled, the watch can operate for up to 100 days, or more than three months before requiring a charge.”
The watch can also be customized in different ways with several unique watch faces and complications, thanks to the Wear OS by Google.
LG Watch W7 Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 Platform
- Operating System: Wear OS by Google
- Display: 1.2-inch LCD (360 x 360 / 300ppi)
- Size: 44.5 x 45.4 x 12.9mm
- Weight: 79.5g
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 768MB LPDDR3
- Battery: 240mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis / Pressure
- Movement: 2 Hands / Micro Gearbox
- Color: Cloud Silver
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Quartz Movement
LG Watch W7 Price and Availability
LG didn’t share any details on the final release date and pricing of the watch, However, LG said that the more details for both the LG V40 ThinQ and LG Watch W7 will be announced at the time of availability.