At a special event in New York on Wednesday, LG Electronics launched its latest flagship smartphone the LG V40 ThinQ. However, an earlier Geekbench listing of the phone had already revealed that the phone will come with five cameras, Snapdragon 845, and 6 GB RAM etc. Now LG has made all these specs official by launching the LG V40 ThinQ in the US.
Sadly, the new LG V40 ThinQ runs on Android Oreo 8.1 but not on Android 9 Pie as previously revealed by the Geekbench listing.
LG V40 ThinQ Specifications
The LG V40 ThinQ feature a 6.4-inch QHD+ OLED FullVision Display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels. The phone is also IP68 certified to prevent it from water and dust. The phone comes with a matte glass finish design which is highly resistant to fingerprint stains.
The LG V40 ThinQ is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 6GB RAM and comes in 64GB and 128GB variants. The storage can be expanded up to 2TB via microSD.
In the camera department, The LG V40 ThinQ sports triple rear camera setup at the back which includes a 12MP telephoto lens, a 12MP standard lens, and a 16MP wide-angle lens. In the front, the phone sports an 8MP standard lens with a focal length of f1.9 and a 5MP wide-angle length with a focal length of f2.2.
LG V40 ThinQ Key Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 845 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.4-inch 19.5:9 QHD+ OLED FullVision Display (3120 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB or 128GB UFS 2.1 ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Rear: 16MP Super Wide (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 107°)
12MP Standard (F1.5 / 1.4μm / 78°)
12MP Telephoto (F2.4 / 1.0μm / 45°)
– Front: 8MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.12μm / 80°)
5MP Wide (F2.2 / 1.12μm / 90°)
- Battery: 3300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Size: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 169g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: New Aurora Black / New Platinum Gray / New Moroccan Blue / Carmine Red
- Other: Cine Shot / Triple Preview / Triple Shot / AI CAM / AI Composition / Boombox Speaker / Google Assistant / Google Lens / AI Haptic / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology (Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Compatible) / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / FM Radio
LG has also introduced a new feature in its LG V40 ThinQ camera called the Triple Shot, which allows users to users to click three pictures using the phones standard, telephoto and wide-angle lens in a single go. The cameras are also AI enabled which automatically adjusts the saturation and other settings of the phone’s camera.
The phone comes with a 3,3900mAH battery and it comes with Qualcomm’ Quick Charge 4.0 technology. On the connectivity front, the LG V40 ThinQ includes, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type-C 2.0.
Pricing in the US
The comes with different pricing based on different carriers in the US. which goes as follows.
The new LG V40 ThinQ will be available for sale in the US starting October 18, 2018.