SEGA, the creator of the popular and highly acclaimed Sonic racing game has announced that Team Sonic Racing has been delayed to May 21st, 2019 due to improving the quality of the game. Earlier to this, the Team Sonic Racing game was due to launch later this year, however, there was no specific release date.
SEGA made the announcement via its official Twitter account. SEGA wants to give its team more time so they can make the best Team Sonic Racing game which players can enjoy for years. SEGA said that they don’t want to compromise on the quality of the game and that’s why they have delayed the game to next year.
Below you can find the official tweet from SEGA.
Hey guys! To make Team Sonic Racing the best game it can be, we’re giving the team extra time to work on it. Our new release date is May 21, 2019. We know delays are no fun, but quality matters most. Thanks for your patience – we’ve got more to show you for TSR very soon!
The game brings several features which you can find below.
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline/online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.