Star Citizen is now free to play for this entire week. The developer of the game Cloud Imperium Games today announced that it will be holding its 2018 Anniversary Free Fly event at the Lorville Convention Centre today. The Free Fly event will run from November 23rd through November 30th. The event will be open to anyone and people will get a chance to play the upcoming massively multiplayer, space trading and combat Star Citizen game for this entire week free.
To download and installed the Star Citizen for free, players will need to create an RSI account if they don’t already have one. Then players will be able to download and install the RSI Launcher which will allow them to log in and download the game.
Star Citizen Free Fly Event Full Week Schedule
Each day of the scheduled week, players will get a different ship to try out through the free duration from over 10 different manufacturers. The full week schedule goes as follows.
- November 23rd – Anvil Aerospace
- November 24th – Roberts Space Industries
- November 25th – Origin Jumpworks
- November 26th – Aegis Dynamics
- November 27th – Drake Interplanetary
- November 28th – Exotics and Alien Imports
- November 29th – MISC
- November 30th – Kruger/Argo/Tumbril/Consolidated Outland
Star Citizen Minimum System Specifications
As part of the Free Fly event, Star Citizen players will also get newly added planet Hurston. You can also find the minimum specifications required to play the game below:
- Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 – Anniversary Update (64bit)
- DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
- 16GB+ RAM
- SSD strongly recommended
- The drive should be NTFS formatted with at least 45 GB for the RSI Launcher and Star Citizen and at least 10GB – 20GB temporary space for file extraction
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5.2
The full details and the download and installing instruction can be found on the official website here.