Mozilla Firefox Reality was launched back in September to bring virtual reality (VR) experience to the browser. Firefox Reality can be used with various VR platforms including Oculus Rift, Daydream, and Viveport. Now Mozilla has released the first major update for the Firefox Reality, which Mozilla calls the VR browser.
The latest first batch of the Firefox Reality 1.1 update adds several new features including localization to seven new languages which includes, Chinese (Mandarin – simplified and traditional), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Korean along with voice search support.
The update also adds 360 video support with a number of dedicated theater viewing mode to provide a more immersive viewing experience and bookmarks.
The update further adds automatic search and domain suggestions in URL bar. For improvements and bug fixes, the update comes with improved 2D UI performance.
Below you can find the full list of some other notable features and improvements of the update
- Improved theater mode with 360° video-playback support
- Additional significant localization in browser UI (e.g., Settings, URL Bar, etc.):
- Chinese (Mandarin: Simplified & Traditional) French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean
- Expanded Voice-Search support for new localized languages
- Bookmarks (saving and viewing; cross-device syncing coming soon)
- Automatic search suggestions in URL bar
- Numerous improved performance of 2D-UI experience
- WebVR stability
- Added some missing keys to keyboard
- General stability fixes
- New VR user agent to improve web compatibility
- Improvements to Fullscreen video playback
- Added MSAA (default to 2x)
- Visual refinements to the URL bar
- Fixed top application crashes
- Fixed volume controls for website content
- Removed sound effects for UI navigation
To download the Firefox Reality 1.1 update for your Oculus Rift, Daydream, and Viveport VR platforms you can simply go with the following options.
Download for Oculus
(supports Oculus Go)
Download for Daydream
(supports all-in-one devices)
To download for Viveport you can simply search for “Firefox Reality” in Viveport store, (supports all-in-one devices running VIVE Wave).