The update is based on OxygenOS 9.0 and includes December 2018 security patch. So, you not only get the sweetness of Pie but also updated security. However, you may not get the Digital Well-Being in OnePlus 5 and 5T after the Pie update.
The company reported, “Digital Wellbeing is currently available only to Pixel devices and Nokia 7 Plus. This may change in near future and OnePlus 6 may be added to its supported device list.”
Below is the full changelog of the update:
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
The Android Pie update on OnePlus 5/ OnePlus 5T is rolling-out over-the-air (OTA) so initially, it’ll reach a small percentage of users. Though, a broader rollout is expected in a few days.