Last month, LG had announced the Android 9 Pie release timeframe for the G7 ThinQ which was Q1 of 2019. Now it has started feeling the Pie to the handset. Other regions will get it in Q2.
After installing the Android 9 Pie update, the LG G7 ThinQ will get the gesture navigation system and revamped Recent apps switcher along with other features. Below is the complete changelog translated from Korean to English.
- Android Pie OS applied.
- Added gesture home button function. Drag the Home button up to view your recent history, or drag left or right to switch to your recently used app.
- A setting to adjust the media volume is always added when the volume button is pressed.
- A preview is provided in the lower right corner when capturing the screen.
- Added battery saving feature.
- You can set whether each app runs in the background.
- The screen rotation button is given in the home touch button area when the screen rotation is necessary.
- Security has been enhanced to enable power off after unlocking.
- A lock icon display setting has been added to enhance security. Pressing and holding the power button will stop Smart Lock, biometrics, and lock screen notification when you lock.
- When setting auto brightness, the user learns the brightness control pattern and automatically sets it to the preferred brightness.
- Added “Sunset to sunrise” setting in easy-to-view mode.
- Manage folder access permissions and Wi-Fi control permissions for your app.
- SD card encryption no longer restricts the ability to lock the screen with a PIN or password only.
- Added Magic Photo function to the camera.
- Fixed home screen layout lock so apps and widget locations on the Home screen do not change regardless of user intent.
- Dual app functionality added. You can install one more SNS or Messenger app to use with different accounts.
- Supported apps: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, Kakaotalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), ICQ, Zalo, Hike Messenger, Snapchat