Android Pie 9.0 update is finally available to Nokia 8 users in India. Earlier today, the Pie update was announced for the Nokia 6 (2017). Juho Sarvikas, CPO at HMD Global made the announcement for the Pie update in India.
The Android 9 Pie update was first announced in December 2018 and later joined the Nokia 8 Sirocco. However, the update on Nokia 8 Sirocco in India has not arrived yet. The update on Nokia 8 comes with build V5.140 and includes the February security patch.
Namaste India! Aapke #Nokia8 ke liye ? ab tayyar hai! Aapki patience ke liye dhanyawaad ?
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) February 20, 2019
- New system navigation, settings menu, and notifications
- Adaptive Battery power prioritization for users’
most commonly used apps/services
- Adaptive and optimized brightness levels
- Predictive Application Actions
- Digital Wellbeing helps you focus on what matter
most to you
- Google Security Patch 2019-02
In January this year, HMD Global officially announced the Android Pie roadmap for its smartphone in 2019. Check below:
- On Nokia 5 and Nokia 3.1 Plus – January 2019
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5.1, Nokia 3.1 and Nokia 2.1 – Q1 2019
- Nokia 3 and Nokia 1 – Early Q2 2019
Among the above list, Nokia 5, Nokia 3.1 Plus and Nokia 6 have started receiving the update. Nokia 8 users in India can wait for some more time as the update may take some time to reach all users.