Xiaomi has started rolling out the global stable Android 9.0 Pie update based on MIUI 10.2.1 to the Mi Max 3 phablet. It’s important to note that MIUI 10.2.1.0.PEDCNXM is the Chinese version, while the global update comes with MIUI 10.2.1.0.PEDMIXM. The update is arriving a bit late as it was scheduled to receive Android 9 Pie update in Q4 2018.
You get several improvements and system enhancements in the latest build of MIUI 10 including Android 9.0 Pie features. Below is the changelog of the update.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 MIUI 10.2.1 Stable Update Changelog
- New: Google Lens support
- Fix: Updated Android Security Patch
- Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Fix: Media playback volume couldn’t be restored after it was lowered by an incoming notification
- Optimization: The Apps section of the Settings got a structural revamp
- Fix: The problem that the status bar cannot be updated in time after recording is paused
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 was launched in China in July 2018 and later made its way to other international markets. It’s a big phone having a 6.9-inch full-HD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. It came under the mid-range price tag.
The phablet houses Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 636 processor, dual rear cameras with a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor. An 8-megapixel selfie camera is also there on the front.
There are two variants of Mi Max 3 – 4GB RAM + 64 GB storage and 6GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant.
The update is arriving over-the-air (OTA) so it might take some time to reach all eligible devices. You can also manually check for the update by going to Settings>About Phone>System Update.