Xiaomi’s big smartphone, the Mi Max 3 is now receiving the Android 9.0 Pie update with MIUI 10.2.1. You can download the global update with build number MIUI 10.2.1.0.PEDMIXM. Chinese update is also available under the build number MIUI 10.2.1.0.PEDCNXM.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is a 6.9-inch phablet which was launched in July 2018 in the Chinese market but later arrived in other international markets. However, it did not hit the Indian shelves until now. It came with Android Oreo out of the box but now with Android Pie, it’ll get new features like adaptive battery and brightness, app actions, and Slices feature.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 MIUI 10.2.1 Stable Update Changelog
- New: Google Lens support
- Fix: Updated Android Security Patch
- Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Fix: Media playback volume couldn’t be restored after it was lowered by an incoming notification
- Optimization: The Apps section of the Settings got a structural revamp
- Fix: The problem that the status bar cannot be updated in time after recording is paused
Download the Android 9 Pie Update with MIUI 10.2.1
The update is rolling out over-the-air in phases and will reach all eligible models gradually. But, if you don’t want to wait then you can download it manually from the link below provided by XDA Developers. But keep in mind that It’s a recovery ROM that can be side-loaded from the MIUI Updater in Settings, or flashed via TWRP. You can learn how to use TWRP for Mi Max 3 on XDA Developers.