The Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro are among the top-selling Xiaomi smartphones. In June 2018, the company claimed that the Redmi Note 5 series created a milestone as it crossed 5 million sales in India within 4 months of the launch.
Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications
- Release date: February 2018
- Weight (g): 181.00
- Display: 5.99-inch touchscreen display with 1080×2160 pixels resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC with 1.8GHz octa-core processor
- Storage: 64GB of internal storage
- Battery capacity (mAh): 4000
- Colours: Black, Gold, Lake Blue, Rose Gold
The smartphone came with Android Nougat out-of-the-box and in September last year, it received the MIUI 10. Now the release of the beta update hints towards an imminent stable release in the future.
It’s important to note that this update is in closed beta and not stable version and only a few users are intended to receive it. It might contain bugs and a few stability issues, so it’s recommended for experienced users who are well versed with flashing updates.