Android Auto compatible cars will have a new interface later this summer. Google announced the release of the new interface of the Android Auto app designed to make life easier while traveling. Now it’ll show more useful information, get on the road faster, and simplify common tasks while driving.
Launched five years ago, to make the experience behind the wheel simpler, Android Auto can be used in over 500 car models from 50 different automakers. Applications like VLC, Poweramp and YouTube Music have recently gained support for Android Auto.
“Today, we’re introducing a new design that will roll out to all Android Auto compatible cars later this summer. The new interface is built to help you get on the road faster, show more useful information at a glance and simplify common tasks while driving. Buckle up, as we walk you through Android Auto’s new look,” the company posted on the official blog.
Check out the features below:
- Simplicity at the time of going to the street: When you start the car, Android Auto continues to play the song you were listening to before, and opens the navigation application that you are accustomed to using. Just tap on a suggested location or say “Ok Google” to find out how to get to the destination.
- Control of Preferred Applications: The new navigation bar shows instructions at each turn. With it, you can control the apps and phone on the same screen.
- More actions with fewer commands: The new navigation bar also lets you control applications with just one touch, with no hassle. You can see directions on the route at each turn, back up the podcast you were listening to, or answer the phone – all on the same screen.
- Easy and secure communication: The new notification center shows recent calls, messages, and alerts – and you choose the safest time to view, listen and respond.
- Soft colors for the eyes: The design of Android Auto has been enhanced to better fit the interior of a car. Dark tone, with colorful touches and easy-to-read fonts, enhances the display’s visibility.
- Screen suitable for more car models: For cars with large displays, Android Auto now takes even more advantage of this space and show more information: when making the next turn, commands to go back or forward a song and control phone calls.