Asus at an event on Thursday (May 16) in Valencia launched its new flagship, the Asus Zenfone 6 smartphone. Unlike the previous generation which was a mid-range model and its more powerful version the Zenfone 5Z, the new Zenfone 6 presented today will be the company’s flagship device.
The predecessor Zenfone 5 just copied the design of the iPhone X, but the Zenfone 6 goes its own way and bets on a revolutionary flip camera, which may not be something completely new, but it is an alternative to notch or holes in the screen. This allows the device to offer excellent frontal utilization with very thin edges.
The highlight features of the Asus Zenfone 6 includes the flip camera module housing dual sensors with one 48MP sensor, Snapdragon 855 SoC and a 5000 mAh battery. The miniaturized motor drive assembly rotates the module 180 degrees so the cameras on the back are used for selfies on the front.
Asus Zenfone 6 Specifications, Features
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and Gorilla Glass 6
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 SoC with 2.84 GHz octa-core CPU and Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6 or 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64, 128, or 256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- Flip Camera: Sony flagship IMX586 48MP image sensor + 13MP, 125° ultrawide camera sensor
- Battery: 5,000 mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 4.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB-C, FM and P2 input
- OS: Android 9 Pie with ZenUI 6 interface
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Other: Stereo speakers and biometric reader at the rear
Asus Zenfone 6 Price and Availability
Zenfone 6 comes in two color options, Midnight Black and Twilight Silver, and three configuration options:
- Zenfone 6 with 6/64 GB for 499 euros (around INR 39,100)
- Zenfone 6 with 6/128 GB for 559 euros (around INR36,000)
- Zenfone 6 with 8/256 GB for 599 euros (around INR47,000)
The new Asus Zenfone 6 smartphone will hit the market from May 25 in Europe. Right now, there is no word on the availability in other regions including India.