Showcased in February at MWC 2019, Sony Xperia 1 finally launched in China. It’s the flagship device and with this launch, Sony puts an end to the XZ-series. The Xperia 1 is the first phone to come with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The phone also offers 4K HDR display, Gorilla Glass 6 protection, and Snapdragon 855 chipset.
Much like other Sony high-end phones, the Xperia 1 has got a premium look and build and obviously IP65/IP68 rating which makes it dust and water resistant. It’s good to see that the company has given triple cameras at the rear that’ll help Sony to compete in the market. But one thing might disappoint users, the Xperia 1 price tag. We’ll discuss it below.
For security, you get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and the phone offers dual-SIM connectivity. Let’s check out the specifications.
Sony Xperia 1 Specifications, Features
- Display: 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 12MP triple sensors having f/1.6 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, f/2.4 aperture and 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie sensor with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging.
Sony Xperia 1 Pricing and Availability
Now talking about the pricing, the Xperia 1 cost at 6,299 Yuan (around INR 63,400) and will be available in Fog Gray, Night Black, Snow White, and Xia Zi (Purple) color variants.