Apple has made the second beta version of iOS 13 available to developers. This update comes two weeks after the release of the first beta during WWDC 2019. The build number goes from 17A5492t to 17A5508m and there are a number of major and minor improvements in iOS 13 beta 2.
Apple has also released the beta 2 for iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 and watchOS 6. As mentioned earlier, these betas are only available for developers. The first public beta is expected in July. If you do not have the first beta you have to install it manually with iTunes and Xcode together.
What are the changes in iOS 13 beta 2? Apple does not publish an official list of the changes made. The different errors found by developers in the last two weeks have helped Apple to polish the system. As we discover the changes we will update this article. Below are some at the moment:
- The camera app has the new High-Key Light Mono effect and allows you to adjust the intensity of the light.
- There are new Memoji stickers with crossed fingers, in a sign of victory and more.
- Improvements in the Calendar interface.
- The connection via SMB already works in Files.
- tvOS 13 includes support for Picture-in-Picture mode.
Users who want to try out this public beta and are not developers should register with Apple’s public beta program to receive them. All others who want to wait for the final version will have to wait till the fall.