The OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphones have just received an OxygenOS update that gives them a survival time with new features available to keep them in line with the latest OnePlus’ technologies applied to their devices.
As it was reported in May this year, the OnePlus 5 and 5T have started receiving the OxygenOS 9.0.7 update which brings a couple of OnePlus 7 Pro features. The OnePlus 7 Pro is the current flagship and also the first device from the company to feature a pop-up camera module.
The OnePlus 5 and 5T are almost 2 years old, but OnePlus has decided to give them an update to add features that are only present in OnePlus 7 Pro, such as the Fnatic game mode, which improves the performance of games and leaves the most engaging gameplay as well as the option of native screen recording.
The phones have already received the security package for June for some time, but the new update of OxygenOS 9.0.7 in its stable version comes as a complement to this patch and making available to all users. Check out the full changelog below:
OxygenOS 9.0.7 Full Changelog
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.6
- Added Screen recorder feature (Quick Settings – Edit – Screen Recorder)
- Added Quick reply in landscape (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape)
- General bug fixes and system improvements
- Gaming mode
- Added Fnatic mode (Settings – Utilities – Gaming mode)
- Fixed issue with Speed Dial
It’s worth noting that this is an OTA update so will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days.