Known for its concept of sustainable smartphones that allow users to upgrade their hardware, the Dutch manufacturer Fairphone has officially introduced the new generation of its base smartphone, called Fairphone 3.
Featuring a more traditional look, this means that this handset has a 5.65-inch IPS Full HD+ screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and generous edges, with no optimizations for usable area gain such as betting on notches or holes, most likely aiming to make the device easier to customize.
In hardware, the Fairphone 3 mid-range is driven by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 paired with 4GB of memory and 64GB storage that can be extended via microSD card (which has not been officially confirmed by the company).
In terms of optics, this handset has a single sensor on the rear and front. The rear sensor is 12MP with f/1.8 aperture and LED flash, while on the front, there is an 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, with the promise of good results in photo capture.
Fairphone 3 Specifications, Features
- Display: 5.65 “Full HD + with 18: 9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 SoC
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM and Internal Storage: 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage
- External Storage: microSD
- Front camera: 8MP f / 2.0
- Rear camera: 12MP f / 1.8
- Battery: 3,000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 quick charge support
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
Price and Availability
The Fairphone 3 is now available for pre-order from the brand’s official website for 450 euros.