After announcing the handset back in May, Huawei has officially announced today in the Indian market its new mid-range Huawei Y9 Prime smartphone. Bringing up-to-date look, its main differential is the inclusion of its front camera in a pop-up mechanism, ensuring the device better use of the screen, thus abandoning any possibility of a notch, having only a small bottom edge.
Despite being a mid-range device, the Huawei Y9 Prime packs some decent specs such as the new HiSilicon Kirin 710F chipset, 4,000 mAh battery, 16MP front camera and more. At the rear, there is a dual-camera setup.
it’s worth mentioning that the Y9 Prime 2019 is almost the same phone like the Huawei P Smart Z in terms of design and specs, except a couple of differences such as camera and RAM & storage options.
Let’s check out the technical specs of the Huawei Y9 Prime
Specifications of the Huawei Y9 Prime
- Display: 6.59 inches, TFT LCD (LTPS) display with a screen resolution of 2.340 x 1.080
- RAM and Storage: 4GB + 64GB / 4GB +128GB
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel primary sensor + 8-megapixel secondary sensor + 2-megapixel third sensor.
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel pop-up camera
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Security: Rear Mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, no fast charging
- OS: Android 9 Pie based on EMUI 9.0
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Price and Availability
The Huawei Y9 Prime in India will go on sale starting on August 7 through e-commerce platform Amazon India at a retail price of Rs 15,990 in Emerald Green and Sapphire Blue color options.