Even after the release of flagships OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro and the development of the possible OnePlus 7T series, the Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus continues to support its older models with software updates. Today OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T have received one more update which brings some new features and security patches.
OnePlus 6 is getting the OxygenOS 9.0.8 and the OnePlus 6T is receiving the OxygenOS 9.0.16. In the changelog, we see that a number of general improvements and fixes have been made to the operating system, as well as the August 2019 security package.
The ability to add a password to access hidden space, a new mode called Fnatic for games, support DC dimming, and several other features. Check out the full changelog below:
- Optimized pocket mode
- Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond
- Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on
- Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape)
- Android security patch updated to 2019.08
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Added password settings for Hidden Space
- Gaming Mode
- Introduced brand new Fnatic mode for an immersive gaming experience, More surprises on the way
- Zen mode
- Added additional Zen mode features
- OnePlus Laboratory
- Added the DC dimming feature
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for Bouygues
The update is currently rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and should gradually land on all compatible and eligible handsets around the world. Those who want can try searching for the update through the operating system settings menu.