After a series of leaks and rumors, Samsung has officially announced the long-awaited successor to the Galaxy Tab S4, which hit the market as Galaxy Tab S6. With this new tablet, Samsung wants to enrich the mobile experience that’s why the device packs some premium features found in high-end smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 features a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED WQXGA display and relies on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 as a processor, something that will be well received by Tab fans who, in the previous model, eventually had to settle for a weaker chipset.
In terms of memory, the Tab S6 will be offered in 6GB / 128GB and 8GB / 256GB variants – and the microSD card slot allows for storage expansion up to 1TB.
In its latest top of the line tablet, the South Korean tech giant has brought a lot of new features, especially for the S Pen. The accessory attaches magnetically to the tablet body and delivers up to ten hours of use on a single ten-minute charge.
The S Pen also supports wireless charging and offers remote control functionality with built-in BLE remote control features including a gesture function called S Pen Air actions. It can also capture images remotely with the camera.
“Today’s inspiration comes at a moment’s notice and creatives and professionals need a device able to keep up with insatiable imaginations while complementing their busy, on-the-go lifestyles. “Galaxy Tab S6 enables consumers to unlock their creativity, while delivering the top-quality productivity features and advanced technology they have come to expect from Samsung tablets.”
DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics
In terms of software, the Samsung Notes app is capable of converting handwritten notes into digital text into formats like Microsoft Word with just one touch. You can take notes and export them while, for example, watching a video, thanks to the Window Transparency feature in Samsung Notes.
Samsung DeX has gained a special turbocharged version for the Galaxy Tab S6, with a shortcut to activate the separately sold official Book Cover Keyboard feature, which also allows you to quickly disable DeX.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Technical Specifications
- Display: 10.5-inch Super AMOLED Screen (1600 x 2560 resolution)
- Processor and GPU: Snapdragon 855 processor @ 2.84GHz with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6 or 8 GB RAM and 128 or 256 GB internal memory (expandable via microSD up to 1TB)
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras with 13+5MP sensors
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, 4G LTE
- Battery: 7040 mAh battery with fast charging up to 15W
- Dimensions: 244.5 x 159.5 × 5.7mm
- Weight: 420g
- Colors: Blue (Cold Blue), Pink (Rose Bush) and Gray (Mountain Gray)
- OS: Android 9 Pie