Sony Xperia 1 was launched in May 2019 is now available for purchase in the United States through the e-commerce platform Amazon. The phone was first showcased at the MWC 2019 and packs some impressive hardware. It’s the first smartphone to come with a display having a 21:9 aspect ratio and Sony calls it CinemaWide display.
The handset comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and it stands out by bringing the system-integrated Alexa personal assistant, as well as other company apps like Amazon Shopping, Audible, Amazon Music and others.
The embedded Alexa version allows the user to trigger the assistant in two different ways: by double-tapping the power button of the device or by voice, pronouncing only the name “Alexa”.
Sony Xperia 1 Specifications, Features
- Display: 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 12MP triple sensors having f/1.6 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, f/2.4 aperture and 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie sensor with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging.
Pricing and Availability
The unlocked Sony Xperia 1 is available for $ 949 in Black and Purple color options.