Apple held an event in Cupertino, California, to unveil a lot of news for this holiday season and early next year. In addition to the new Apple Watch Series 5 and iPhone 11 series, the brand also announced a new iPad model, Apple iPad 10.2-inch. It comes as an entry option for those who want all the productivity of the iPad series without spending much.
Of course one of the biggest changes is related to Apple’s new operating system for devices. After many requests, Apple chose to split the iOS 13 into two, creating iPadOS 13 for its tablets and the normal iOS for iPhones. The new 10.2-inch iPad is the first to feature the new iPadOS 13.
The software focuses on bringing a closer experience than we currently have with desktops, or in the case of Apple, Macs, and MacBooks. Thus, there is the default loading of desktop web pages, not the mobile version, for example. A simple change, but allowing better use of the device.
Another important new feature is support for more complete multitasking, where the idea is that iPadOS brings more freedom to the user by better adapting the interface to the larger screens of these devices.
Talking about the design, we have no major design change, as the new 10.2-inch iPad is quite similar to older models, including the presence of Touch ID on the bottom edge of the screen. The biggest change comes from Smart Connector support, previously exclusive to the Pro line, allowing compatibility with the full line of accessories.
Apple iPad 10.2-inch Technical Specifications
- Display: 10.2-inch screen with 2160 x 1620 resolution
- Processor: Apple A10 Fusion Chipset with M10 Coprocessor
- Storage: 32GB / 128GB internal storage
- Rear Camera: an 8-megapixel main camera
- Front Camera: 1.2-megapixel front camera
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Dimensions: Height: 250.6 mm, Width: 174.1mm, Thickness: 7.5 mm and Weight: 483g
- Variants: Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + Cellular only
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac), Bluetooth 4.2 Technology and access to 4G LTE networks (eSIM only)
- OS: iPadOS 13 as an operating system