After a series of leaks and speculations, the new Samsung Galaxy A90 5G finally announced. According to the South Korean tech giant, this device is born of the intention to bring the new 5G connection technology for “more affordable” smartphones. That’s why the A90 becomes the first handset of the “A” series to bring the 5G to the public who can’t afford a high-end mobile phone.
Another new feature that the device takes from the premium segment to the premium mid-range family is the Samsung DeX mode. It allows you to expand your Galaxy A90 5G experience to your PC screen or TV.
Featuring a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U display, the Galaxy A90 5G hits the market with FHD+ resolution and an in-display fingerprint sensor. In addition, it is made of glass and follows the design line we have seen on other smartphones in the Galaxy A.
“We’re excited about the success of the Galaxy A Series – a generation of smartphones built for the new Era of Live that focuses on essential features people want the most, including a high-quality camera, long-lasting battery, and immersive display. Samsung has worked tirelessly with our partners in the 5G ecosystem to bring 5G to as many people as possible, and now we are offering 5G connectivity across the entire Galaxy smartphone portfolio, giving more people high-speed access and connected experiences.”
DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics
The notch on the display houses a 32MP front camera, which brings a host of AI features for recording good selfies. At the rear, we have three sensors with a 48MP main sensor and the secondary with 8MP wide-angle lens.
“We are proud of our long-standing partnership with Samsung to bring the high-powered speed and performance of 5G to as many people as possible through the most advanced platform yet, the flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform. Samsung’s innovative line of Galaxy devices paired with the Snapdragon X50 5G modem and Qualcomm RF-Front-End solutions will support an entirely new 5G experience that enables people to work faster and play harder, no matter where they are.”
Cristiano Amon, President, Qualcomm Incorporated
Samsung Galaxy A90 5G Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U display with FHD+ resolution
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 Processor
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6GB or 8 GB RAM and 128 GB of internal storage, expandable up to 512 GB via microSD (on 6GB model only)
- Front Camera: 32MP front camera (f/2.0)
- Rear Camera: Triple rear camera:
- 48MP Main Sensor (f/2.0)
- 8MP Wide-Angle Secondary Sensor (f/2.2)
- 5MP tertiary depth sensor (f/2.2)
- Battery: 4,500 mAh battery with 25W quick charge support
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie under One UI interface
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- Other: Samsung DeX Support, Face Recognition, 5G Connection