Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is officially announced today in China. The smartphone was first presented in February with a focus on speed, support for fifth-generation networks that can guarantee download speeds of 2 Gbps. The handset comes with Qualcomm’s flagship and most powerful SoC, the Snapdragon 855+.
The phone also has an advanced heat dissipation system compared to the predecessor that manages to pull down even 10 degrees (10.2 to be precise) of the device’s temperature. A few weeks ago, Xiaomi introduced the 30W wireless charging and now we can see it going live in the Mi 9 Pro 5G.
The wired charging supports 40W which completely replenish the 4,000 mAh of the lithium battery in just 48 minutes. The reverse wireless charging instead touches 10 watts.
The increased battery capacity, probably combined with the steam chamber cooling system and the hardware required for 5G networks increased the thickness by about a millimeter and the weight of twenty grams.
To delight its users, Xiaomi has placed the MIUI 11 in the handset which has a new font called Milan Pro and also integrates Mi Work and Mi Go, two new productivity app suites that include solutions for sharing large files, for wireless printing, for screen sharing.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED (1080 × 2280 pixels resolution) display with NTSC color gamut coverage of 103.8%, 600 nits of maximum brightness protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
- Processor and GPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC octa-core at 7 nm up to 2.96 GHz with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 128 GB or 256 GB of internal memory, 12 GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 256 GB or 512 GB of internal memory
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 11 skin
- Rear Cameras: Three cameras with 48-megapixel with 1 / 2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8 μm pixels, f / 1.75 aperture, LED flash, optical image stabilization (OIS), laser autofocus, PDAF, CAF; 12x 2-megapixel telephoto lens with 1 / 3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 sensor, f / 2.2 aperture, 1.0 μm pixel; ultra-wide FOV 117 degrees 16-megapixel lens with Sony IMX481 1 / 1.3 “sensor and f / 2.2 aperture , 1.0 μm pixels and macro capability up to 4 cm
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel front camera with f / 2.0 aperture
- Dimensions and Weight: 157.21 × 74.64 × 8.95 mm, weight 196 grams
- Connectivity: 5G connectivity, Dual SIM Dual 4G VoLTE, dual-band 802.11 ac Wi-Fi (2 × 2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,000 mAh battery with 40W fast wired charging, 30W fast wireless charging, 10W reverse charging