Asus has just announced in its official forum that the Android 9.0 Pie update on ROG Phone first-generation is now rolling out. With this, the main handsets released by the company in 2018 and 2019 are now running the same level of update of the Android OS.
Officially launched in November last year, ROG Phone was the company’s first gamer-focused smartphone, an unexpected bet by the Republic of Gamers which is more focused on hardware geared turning toward professional gamers. With this, the company has fit into a new niche, creating the opportunity to experience acceptance in other markets.
However, the competition is quite tough in this segment as there are other gaming handsets such as Black Shark, Nubia Red Magic 2 and more. Besides the first generation, Asus in July 2019 launched the ROG Phone 2 in China. As a result, it has maintained its user base.
The company said that the update will be sent from today to users of the ROG Phone (ZS600KL) via OTA. It may take a while to reach all, and has a build number of 16.0410.1910.91, which still includes several modifications that can be Check out the changelog below:
Android Pie Update on Asus ROG Phone Changelog
1. Upgraded system to Android P
2. Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
3. Removed the Yandex cloud option of File Manager Application
4. Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
5. Added “Adaptive brightness”, “Adaptive Battery”, “New notifications”, “Status bar icon manager”, “Screen recorder”, and “Local backup” in Settings
6. Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
7. Added Android P “Swipe up on Home button” gesture
8. Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
9. Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications
10. Redesigned volume control panel following Android P