Xiaomi launched the Mi Watch last month, the company’s first smartwatch with the Chinese name, even though it already has some products in this segment supplied by Huami and Amazfit. Although, the release came with not yet polished software so users have encountered some problems with everyday usage.
Well, now some of the issues are being fixed with an update that starts rolling-out in early December. Fixes include improvements to the app store code, improved file and clock face download speeds, and interface improvements to make it easier for the user to choose the input method.
A bug that caused the smartwatch to crash during the initial setup has also been fixed. The new firmware comes with long-awaited iOS support. Below is the full changelog for Xiaomi Mi Watch update:
- Optimized the issue of clock freezing in the first few minutes after pairing the clock for the first time.
- Faster app store faster download experience.
- When downloading clock face apps/app store, use WiFi first to make the download experience smoother.
- Interactive optimization of the Sogou input method
- The Sogou input method has added tutorials to guide users on how to switch input methods.
- Fixed issue of not updated weather location information
Remember, Xiaomi Watch came with Google’s Wear OS and could mean a resumption of the search giant in this market, with its wearable OS having fallen out of favor in recent years.