Samsung has just introduced the new Galaxy Z Flip 5G, the successor to the company’s first foldable smartphone in a flip format that gives the product its name and which now comes with more powerful hardware.
This is the first device from the South Korean tech giant equipped with Snapdragon 865 Plus and it is announced exactly two weeks before Unpacked 2020. An event where Samsung will announce five products including the Galaxy Note 20 duo, the Galaxy Z Fold 2, and more premium products.
Regarding the design, the Z Flip 5G maintains the same characteristics as last year ‘s Galaxy Z Flip, including the foldable internal screen, the tiny external screen for access to notifications, and time, in addition to the same two main cameras and camera for selfies.
The only change that the new version offers is the more powerful chipset that has 5G connectivity capabilities. The new Mystic Bronze color will also debut with the new Samsung Z Flip and will be featured among Samsung’s premium products at the Unpacked event.
“At Samsung, we continue to put the power of 5G in millions of consumers’ hands. We continually demonstrate our commitment to make 5G more accessible to more people,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We are excited to bring next-generation speed and connectivity to the Galaxy Z Flip which further expands our portfolio of 5G devices, empowering consumers with meaningful experiences to help them do more of what they love.”
Galaxy Z Flip 5G Specifications
- Main Display: 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED internal screen with Full HD+ resolution (2636×1080 pixels)
- Folding display with a circular notch for the front camera with 21:9 aspect ratio
- Cover Display: 1.1-inch Super AMOLED screen with 300×112 pixel resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus Platform
- RAM and Storage: 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage
- Front camera: 10MP front camera, f / 2.4 and 80º angle
- Dual rear camera
- 12 MP main sensor with f / 1.8 aperture and 78º angle
- 12 MP secondary sensor with 123º wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3,300 mAh battery with 15W charge and 9W wireless charge
- Dimensions: 167.3 x 73.6 x 7.2 mm (open) and 87.4 x 73.6 x 17.3 mm (closed)
- Weight: 183 grams
- OS: Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
Price and Availability
Currently, Samsung has announced the availability of Galaxy Z Flip 5G only in the US starting August 7, 2020. Available in Mystic Gray and Mystic Bronze, the handset will be available online through AT&T, Best Buy, Samsung.com, T-Mobile, and Amazon.com at $1,449.99.
Right now there is no word on the availability in other global markets.