After many rumors and speculations, the long-awaited gaming smartphone from Lenovo is finally presented, the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel. With many big competitors in the industry like Xiaomi, Nubia, and Asus, Lenovo comes to the market presenting all the best it can offer in 2020.
Focused on delivering a completely horizontal gaming experience, the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel features a design, unlike anything the industry currently offers with a front-facing camera positioned on the side. The device has centralized rear cameras, fully repositioned internal components, and, of course, plenty of power.
Starting with the most exotic feature of the smartphone, the horizontal experience, allowing its users to explore the entire smartphone interface in landscape mode. It is also worth noting that there are two USB-C connectors: one positioned in the traditional lower region and the other on the left side. Lenovo allows both ports to be used at the same time to charge the battery.
Under the hood, the phone has two battery cells divided into each half of the smartphone with the centralized board housing chips, processors, and cameras. The format is completely new and reinforces the focus on the horizontal experience of the Legion Phone Duel.
Each battery cell has a capacity of 2,500 mAh, totaling 5,000 mAh. The device also offers a 90W fast charge that recharges the smartphone from 0% to 50% in just 10 minutes, delivering 100% in a measly 30 minutes connected to the outlet. This is possible by using the two USB-C ports on the smartphone to recharge both batteries at the same time.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel Specifications
- Display: 6.59-inch HDR10+ certified AMOLED screen with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full HD+ resolution (2340x1080p). It has a 144 Hz refresh rate and 240 Hz sample rate
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 Plus platform with 5G
- Processor and GPU: Eight-core processor clocked at up to 3.1 GHz and Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB and 16GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256 GB and 512 GB of UFS 3.1 storage
- Front Camera: 20MP pop-up camera positioned on the side
- Two Rear Cameras:
- 64 MP main sensor
- 16 MP sensor with a wide-angle lens
- Battery: 5,000 mAh battery with support for 90W fast charging
- OS: Android 10 with Legion OS interface
- Dimensions: 169.17 x 78.48 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 239 grams
Pricing and Availability
Lenovo has not announced the pricing details of the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel (called Lenovo Legion Phone Pro in China). The company, however, said that the phone is expected to be available starting July in China and in select markets in Asia Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and Latin America to come later.