OnePlus has made official the OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The update brings some considerable improvements for its users with a special focus on the areas of system, camera, games, and Bluetooth.
As we know, OnePlus has the standard to offer, in addition to the stable ROM, the possibility that its users can use trial versions of OxygenOS. It opens the door to learn more about future updates.
According to the changelog published in the official forum, the optimization of the startup speed of apps is confirmed. As well as the correction of problems related to delays in receiving messages, the failure to adjust the volume, the low risk of the speaker not working. In addition, the December 2020 security patch is confirmed.
Check out the full changelog released by the OnePlus:
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps for a faster launch experience
- Fixed the small probability issue that receiving messages may delay
- Fixed the issue that the volume adjustment has a small probability of failure
- Fixed the small probability issue that the speaker doesn’t work
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.12
- Refresh the animation effects when activating the front camera
- Game Space
- Newly added Rewind Recording where you can record the exciting moments in the game of past 30 seconds with just one tap (Swipe down from the upper left or right corner to quickly open in the Gaming Tools)
- Fixed the issue that the call may freeze when receiving the phone when playing music via Bluetooth
Those who are participating in the public beta program can now download and install the OxygenOS Open Beta 5 through the update area in the settings or by downloading the image in the Oxygen OS test area.
However, it is always worth mentioning that Open Beta ROMs are considered experimental, with no guarantee of stability.