Finally, the first smartphone with Snapdragon 888 SoC launched, Xiaomi Mi 11. It is a flagship device and equips some of the best tech and features. Among such features is the display with a 120 Hz refresh rate.
The phone receives top marks from the DisplayMate, breaking 13 records for OLED panels in terms of contrast, color accuracy, reflectivity, and maximum brightness. For the battery, we have a module with a 4,600 mAh capacity, which, according to Xiaomi is capable to deliver an entire working day of use.
At the rear, there is a set of three cameras comprising the main camera of 108 MP (f / 1.85 with optical stabilization). An ultra-wide camera of 13 MP (f / 2.4 with 123º), and a telephoto/macro (f / 2.4 with 50 mm).
Even if it doesn’t bring a “real” telephoto lens, the Mi 11 is still capable of delivering a decent experience when capturing photos and videos. The front camera has a 20 MP sensor, which will guarantee great selfies.
The phone delivers a great audio output because it ships with Harman Kardon-signed speakers, delivering high-quality stereo sound.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Technical specifications
- Display: 6.81-inch AMOLED QHD+ screen at 120Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 SoC
- RAM and Storage: 8 or 12 GB of RAM and 128 or 256 GB of storage
- Triple rear cameras:
- 108MP main sensor (f / 1.85, OIS)
- Ultra-wide 13 MP (f / 2.4, 123º)
- 5MP macro (f / 2.4, 50 mm)
- Front Camera: 20 MP front camera
- Battery: 4600mAh battery with fast charging 55W (wired), 50W (wireless), and 10W reverse
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, NFC, infrared sensor, Bluetooth 5.2
- OS: Android 11 operating system running under MIUI 12.5 skin
- Weight: 196 grams
- Colors: white, black, blue, purple and brown
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 is launched in China and will hit stores from January 1 in three variants with the prices shown below. The charger will be sold separately for CN ¥ 99 (around INR 1,113). We still do not know when the device will reach other countries including India or how much it will be charged in other markets. Check out the prices:
8 GB + 128 GB – CN ¥ 3,999 (around INR 44,900)
8 GB + 256 GB – CNY 4,299 (around INR 48,300)
12 GB + 256 GB – CN ¥ 4,699 (around INR 52,800)
Xiaomi Mi 11 Special Edition
At the event, Xiaomi also announced that the Mi 11 should get a special variant named Lei Jun Signature Edition, which in addition to bearing the name of the co-founder (and current CEO) of the brand, Lei Jun, should include differentials such as textured glass 3D, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage.
Unfortunately, the brand has not yet detailed information on the price or availability of this model.