Almost one year (eleven months, to be exact) of unveiling the Sony Xperia Pro is finally launched. It’s a premium smartphone and now available in the US for sale for a very high price tag. However, its high price may disinterest some potential buyers.
The high-performance smartphone focuses on video professionals working in the industry or users looking for an exclusive experience to work together with Sony’s powerful cameras. The smartphone comes with a Snapdragon 865 chip launched at the beginning of last year. This also going to be a downside for the Sony Xperia Pro as we’ve seen some flagship phones launched till now in 2021 with Snapdragon 888 SOC.
However, the highlight of the Xperia Pro is its connectivity and integration with Sony’s Alpha camera series. A feature that no other smartphone offers.
The device has an HDMI input next to the USB-C port that allows the smartphone to function as a viewfinder for the camera. Using its screen to display the camera’s content with more accurate colors, higher resolution, and better contrast.
It is also possible to control the camera and lens functions from the smartphone, such as shutter speed, white balance, ISO, and more. Sony also highlights the smartphone’s ability to perform transmissions in 4K resolution using the 5G network, which fortunately arrives with support for mmWave and sub-6 GHz.
Sony Xperia Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED screen with 4K resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 60 Hz ratio, and HDR support
- Processor: Snapdragon 865 processor
- RAM and Storage: 12GB of RAM and 512 GB internal storage with support for expansion via microSD card up to 1TB
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Triple rear cameras:
- 12 MP main sensor
- 12 MP sensor with a wide-angle lens
- 12 MP sensor with a telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom
- Connectivity: USB Type-C port, HDMI Type-D, headphone jack, and support for 5G in mmWave and sub-6 GHz
- Battery: 4,000 mAh battery
- OS: Android 10
Price and Availability
The Sony Xperia Pro is now available for sale in the US for a price of $ 2,499 (around 1,83,000 Indian rupees). It’s a very high price for a phone featuring an old processor. At this price, you can get two Galaxy S21 Ultra or two models of the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
But what we can say, let’s wait and see the market performance of this new Sony phone from Sony.