Asus finally made its new compact flagship phone official, the Asus Zenfone 9. In recent weeks, several leaks have already brought details of its specs. Among the highlights, the Zenfone 9 has the latest Qualcomm platform, the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1, 120 Hz display, 4,300 mAh battery, and IP68 certification.
The phone features a 5.9-inch OLED screen with FullHD+ resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate, and Gorilla Glass Victus protection. There is a significant change from the Zenfone 8: the fingerprint sensor will no longer be under the screen, but instead located on the side.
There is a hole-punch camera in the upper left corner of the display that houses the 12-megapixel sensor for selfies and video calls. At the rear, there is a dual camera module with a 50-megapixel primary sensor and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 platform with up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. For power, it has a 4,300mAh battery pack with support for 30W fast charging.
Asus Zenfone 9 Specifications
- Display: 5.9-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD+ resolution and 120 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 Platform
- RAM and Storage: 8GB or 16GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Front Camera: 12 MP front camera
- Two Rear Cameras:
- Main lens with 50 MP sensor
- Ultra wide-angle lens with 12 MP sensor
- Connectivity: 5G connection, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, USB-C 3.0, and headphone jack.
- Battery: 4,300mAh battery with 30W fast charging
- OS: Android 12 under the ZenUI 9 interface
- Dimensions: 146.5 x 68.1 x 9.1 millimeters
- Weight: 169 grams