After much waiting, the long-awaited Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is almost here. The new free battle royale of the Activision franchise, which has contents that integrate with the recent Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, is an evolution of what we already knew in the previous version and promises to become the darling of players.
Available from 15:00 on November 16th for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is the sequel to the 2020 game and despite being part of the contents of the first season of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, can be played for free, without the need to buy the base game. The preload of the game is now available.
The city of Al-Mazrah in the United Republic of Adal will be your first battleground in Warzone 2.0.
Anyone playing Modern Warfare II is already training for battles in Al-Mazrah. The multiplayer maps below are some of the subsections of this vast region:
- Al Bagra Fortress (Core Map)
- Embassy (Core Map)
- Zarqwa Hydroelectric (Core Map)
- Taraq (both Core and Battle Map)
- Sariff Bay (Battle Map)
- Sa’id (Battle Map)
Custom Weapons are back in Warzone 2.0.
Similar to how they work in Call of Duty: Warzone, Loadouts are an important part of what makes the game unique. In this new era, players will have easier access to the primary weapon in their arsenals. There are three ways to acquire your loadout – or your primary weapon:
- Stores — Players can use earned in-game currency to spend at stores (the new name for buy stations), where they will be able to buy their primary weapons defined in the loadout
- Public Event – Loadout Drop — In the middle of matches, loadouts will be distributed by Al-Mazrah. however, they will not be specific to individuals or squads so they will be accessible to any player.
- Strongholds and Secret Prisons — Players will be able to obtain their loadouts by unlocking Strongholds and Secret Prisons
Loot Mechanics: Battle Royale Stays Traditional, New Backpack Mechanics in the DMZ
In Battle Royale, as in the previous Warzone, Supply Crates will drop items that can be collected. As a player interacts with any other loot containers, such as a medical bag or crate, they will work with a loot menu.
When a player is killed, they drop their primary weapon on the ground and their backpack, which will carry the rest of their equipment and is accessible via the menu.
Defining the New Gulag
The Gulag will be a 2v2 experience where randomly formed duos must coordinate to take down the rival duo. all players will receive preset weapons and can obtain new equipment in the center of the arena.
The Gulag will also have a Jailer, and defeating him will return all 4 players to the battlefield. The Duos can team up against the jailer, or bet on greed and speed up the process with an elimination victory.