After days of several teasers and leaks, Honor has finally announced its newest bet for the mid-range market, the Honor Play 5. The phone is launched in the Chinese market, offering a good chipset of the category with huge capacity for fast loading and set of four rear cameras.
The new Play 5 arrives with MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U chip, which supports 5G networks. The phone offers a 6.5-inch display, with no curves on the sides to preserve the square shape of the body, and with OLED technology with an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The highlight of the new mid-range device is the 66W fast charging capacity, something that is only found on more expensive models. However, to stand out as an extremely thin smartphone, Honor had to greatly reduce the battery capacity of the model. Offering only 3,800 mAh and, as a consequence, making the charging experience even faster, with the device taking only 35 minutes to leave from 0% to 100%.
Another point to highlight is that the phone comes without Google Play Services.
Honor Play 5 Specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch OLED screen with Full HD resolution
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor
- RAM and Storage: 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB or 256 GB of internal storage
- Front Camera: 16 MP front camera
- Four rear cameras:
- 64 MP main sensor
- 8 MP sensor with an ultrawide lens
- 2 MP sensor with a macro lens
- 2 MP depth sensor
- Battery: 3,800 mAh battery with 66W fast charging (100% in 32 min)
- OS: Android 10 under Magic UI 4.0 interface
The Honor Play 5 smartphone comes in three color options: purple, black, and green.