Huawei finally unveils the new generation of its foldable phone: the Huawei Mate X2, which is coming with a renewed design that closely resembles the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 and some improvements over the Huawei Mate XS.
Among the main highlights of this device, we have the new design that we’ve already seen in leaks. The phone has an OLED external screen with a 6.45-inch size with 90Hz and a touch detection rate of 240Hz.
The resolution is 2700 x 1160 pixels, resulting in a density of 456 PPI. It has very thin edges with only one pill-shaped hole for the camera and other sensors. The internal screen is 8 inches, also in OLED, with 90Hz, touch detection rate of 180Hz, resolution of 2480 x 2200 pixels, and 413 PPI of density.
The interesting thing is that there are no notches or holes for the camera on this screen, that is, you depend on the external screen, to make video calls and take selfies.
Another upgrade in this new phone is the Kirin 9000 SoC, which is already present in the Huawei Mate 40 Pro and has a powerful Mali-G78 GPU with 24 cores. Speaking of memory, the Huawei Mate X2 has 8GB of RAM and two versions, one with 256GB and the other with 512GB of internal storage.
Talking about the cameras, we get 4 sensors on the back of the phone: a 50MP wide f / 1.9 with optical stabilization, a 16MP ultra-wide f / 2.2 sensor, a 12MP telephoto sensor with 3x f / 2.4 zoom with OIS, and finally, another 8MP telephoto sensor with 10x f / 4.4 optical zoom with OIS and autofocus. The front camera is 16MP.
Specifications of Huawei Mate X2
- Main: 8-inch OLED with 90Hz, 180Hz touch sensor, and 2480 x 2200 pixel resolution
- Secondary: 6.45-inch OLED with 90Hz (240Hz touch reading rate) and 2700 x 1160 pixel resolution
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 256GB or 512GB storage
- The main set of cameras consisting of:
- 50MP wide f / 1.9 primary with optical stabilization
- 16MP ultra-wide f / 2.2 secondary
- 12MP telephoto sensor with 3x f / 2.4 zoom with OIS
- 8MP SuperZoom sensor with 10x f / 4.4 optical zoom and OIS and autofocus
- Front Camera: 16MP wide f / 2.2 front camera
- Battery: 4500mAh with 55W fast charging via USB-C
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, NFC, and 5G support
- Weight 295 grams